Pages

January 29, 2012

*Lucero-California Olive Oil

Located in the little town of Corning, CA and among other olive groves, is Lucero.  I am so excited to have come here!  I went twice within three days:0  Its defiantly going to be "the spot" I take visitors to.  I love me some good olive oil, and this experience was the best I've had.  I never new there was a proper way to taste olive oil.  It is much like wine tasting.  The Staff at Lucero were knowledgeable, kind and welcoming.  Here is a link to their web site where you will find their full story and products to purchase.  EVERYTHING is good! You can't make a bad purchase and starting at $4 a bottle, I would say that is pretty affordable.   The most amazing combination I had was their Chocolate Olive Oil, ummmm yup, that's what I said....with vanilla ice cream!  It makes chocolate tasting ice cream but still looks like vanilla!  Truly delicious!!!  If you are ever headed up north on I-5, be sure to stop here.  It's conveniently located off the freeway.  Have a blessed week!


kinda funny;)


3 generations of california olive growers-Dewey with his father and grandfather

its the "new look" here in northern cali.  ha ha!  -with friends mel and phillip-thanks for visiting! xo

the crusher

gift packaging room

label machine room

tasting room and vanilla ice cream with mandarin orange crushed olive oil-yum!

sampling-first you warm the cup in your hand, then smell it and after taking a sip you make a funny sucking sound which brings out all the different flavors.  i LOVE good olive oil!

apart from making olive oils they also blend balsamic vinegars.  traditional, blueberry, wild cherry, fig, red apple and peach.  all are delicious!  love the container?  you can purchase a mini one.

among the flavored olive oils is the chocolate. we asked how they did it but its a secret:)

tasting room and store

dwarf olive tree

and dwarf me;)

love this one

and the biggest olive in the world!

1 comment: